Dear Potential New Members,
We are absolutely thrilled to serve as the Alpha Chi Omega Recruitment Chairs for this year’s recruitment! Along with the rest of the chapter, we have spent countless hours planning for this week, and we cannot wait to welcome each and every one of you into our home! We hope that during recruitment, you can get a better feel for what it really means to be an Alpha Chi and start to feel the love that each of us has for each other and this sorority.
Alpha Chi Omega has changed both of our lives since the first day we stepped through those giant front doors on Ice Water Tea. From that day on, every person we’ve met, and every memory we’ve made has been something that we will remember and cherish for the rest of our lives. Here at Alpha Chi, you will not only find lifelong friends, but you will find girls who truly love and care for each other; girls who will encourage you to grow and learn every single day. Each one of us have found our home here at Alpha Chi and we hope that each of you feel the same way during recruitment.
On Bid Day, we will be welcoming in a new group of girls to continue the Alpha Chi Omega legacy and we could not be more excited! During recruitment, you will each get to see a glimpse of the friendship and love within this house, and maybe you will become part of this legacy.
Enjoy your last few days of summer, but hurry to Tuscaloosa because we cannot wait to meet each one of you in just a few short days to welcome you into our home here at Alpha Chi Omega.
Only the Best Will Do,
Haley Cotton & Anna Collins
The Alpha Chi Omega Standard of Membership
As Alpha Chi Omega seeks new members, we look for young women who share our spirit and values—including individuality. We are interested in meeting young women who share our standards of academic achievement, good character, financial responsibility, leadership ability and personal development.
Recruitment Tips for Potential New Members
We realize the week of Formal Recruitment can be filled not only with excitement, but also with a bit of anxiety. To keep your recruitment experience as “stress free” as possible, here are some things to remember:
- The sorority girls are just as nervous as you are!! Remember, they are trying to impress you too! They worry about saying the wrong thing, forgetting a line in the skit, or messing up the door song. So TRY to relax and enjoy the process.
- Yes, the heat is sweltering in Tuscaloosa in August. Wear the most comfortable sundresses you can find on Open House days. Bring a tote with you and put a comfortable pair of flip flops in it. Save your “cute” sandals for parties and change into flip flops when you walk to the next house on your schedule!
- Speaking of totes, remember to put the following necessities in there: Moist towelettes (like Wet Wipes), breath mints, lipstick and other cosmetics if you like your Greek Chic book and a pen. Please refer to the PanHellenic website for more suggestions and information
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions!! From general (such as “What can your sorority offer me”?) to specific (such as “What are the requirements of your New Member program “), your questions will aid you in determining which sorority best suits your personality and expectations.
- Keep an open mind. Of course you are going to listen to friends, parents, boyfriends, etc., but in the end, you are the one who has to be “at peace” with your decision.